Monday, August 20, 2012

First Night at the Lake

Two weekends ago, we made a trek down to Lake Texoma to see our friends the Albrights.  This year, we brought some other friends with us, the Lairs, so we stayed in a cabin.  This cabin is my kind of cabin.  It was a larger trailer house.  Air conditioning. Plumbing. A kitchen.  We each had our own rooms and the boys slept in the living room on the futon.  Definitely my kind of camping.

The trip down there was LONG. It took us an hour and half just to get out of the city due to two car accidents.  Then somewhere along the interstate, workers had the highway go down to one lane because they were repairing a bridge.  This stand-still delayed us even longer so the trip took double the time.  During the standstill, of course, C has to go to the bathroom.  There was no where to go.  No where to pull off.  We are trapped on a highway with a billion cars around us (or so it seemed). So Josh did what any father of a four-year-old boy does: gave him an empty gatorade bottle and told him to use it. Ugh. Once we finally passed the bridge work, of course, L Child needed to use the bathroom.  

Five hours after we left our house, we were relieved to reach our cabin!

The boys were awesome this weekend. Bedtime has been a challenge and brought a bunch of new consequences and rewards.  That weekend though, the boys were so worn out, they slept like logs.


These are some pictures of the boys falling on the bed.



After we got the kids down the first night, we played the Seinfeld game.  Somehow I lost even though my Seinfeld trivia is pretty good.  Actually, I know how I lost.  My Seinfeld knowledge wasn't as extensive as I thought it was.  Ha!



Then we played Hand And Foot Canasta.  Montana rules.  I prefer my family's rules, but we still had a good time.  I hadn't played in a long time so it was nice to shuffle several decks of cards again.


I think it was close to 2 when we finally went to bed.  I hadn't stayed up that late in a long time.  Nothing like laughing and playing games with friends until the late hours!

No comments: