Friday, September 27, 2013

Lake Trip, Hike, and a Chemistry Joke

We went to the lake last weekend. We usually try to go every summer, but this time we went a little later because of Button's arrival. It was a different kind of "vacation." I'd never taken a 2-month-old on a vacation. Button did well, but I was exhausted by the time we got home. I'm used to catching up on sleep on the weekends. She didn't sleep well day or night, but did awesome in the car both ways! Despite the incredible tiredness I've felt all week, I had a good time with friends. It was good for the soul.

Because I was usually with Button, I did want to do something with just the boys. Josh kindly watched baby while the boys and I set out on a short hike. Complete with water bottles.


They each found special things to take pictures of:

Daddy Long Legs outside our cabin

Brothers Love

Cactus in the middle of a forest area

Big rock

L Child found the big rock

L Child was exhausted by the time we got back to the cabin (we didn't hike far) and I was tired,  but C wanted to keep hiking. I wish I could bottle up his energy. Pretty sure his body breaks the first law of thermodynamics.

And yes, I did just make a chemistry joke. 


No comments: