Sunday, December 15, 2013

Conversations

C and L Child were "working out" on Friday (translate: they are lifting my weights on my yoga mat). I overheard this conversation:

C: You know, Liam, if you work out every day, you'll grow big and old.

L: Really?

(They work out a bit. Casen has them stand next to each other to see who is taller.)

L: Casen, am I still three?

C: Uh, yes.

L: How old are you now, Casen?

C: 49.

L: No you aren't.

C: Yes, yes, I am, Liam.

 

I had the boys come into Button's room at bedtime and told them they could sing her a song (she was fussy due to teething; I was waiting for the Tylenol to kick in for the poor girl).

Casen's song choice? Patty cake.
Good choice.

Liam's?

L (in his sing-song voice): Trick or Treat. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat. If you - ....

Me: You aren't gonna finish it?

L: No. 

Me: Why?

L (whispering): Because it says, "I'll pull down your underwear."

Me: Guess that's inappropriate for her?

L: Yes it is.

And thus starts big brother's rules for his little sister. Rule #1: She can't sing or listen to inappropriate songs.

No comments: