Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Lesson Learned

April and I left Andrea's around noon to meet up with some more friends in Ft. Worth for lunch. After our hour drive with me following April across the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and neither of us dying, we found the restaurant. Charity, my college roomie, got there at the same time. It was soooo good to see her and laugh together again. We waited for the Bartee family to arrive while we visited and the waitress ordered us around on the best possible seating arrangement for a baby. I decided to get rid of my gum and stuck it inside a little piece of my napkin. I just set the napkin-gum wad on the table thinking nothing of it. The Bartees arrive - Amy, Jonny, and their 1.5 year-old Caleb and their 6-wk-old Alex. While we all got settled (after moving AGAIN because April wanted to sit by the baby) and started catching up and ordering, Amy asks Caleb, "What do you have in your mouth?" I said, "It looks like paper." She replies as she takes it out of his mouth, "No...it's gum...Jonny, did you give him any gum?" I look down at my place and realize. Little Caleb had found a treasure on the table - a wad of napkin to chew on with gum inside!!! My gum. Amy said she's glad it was mine and not some stranger's. I guess I learned that kids REALLY do stick anything in their mouths.

4 comments:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Sounds like you had Mommy Lessons while on this trip - between the gum and the diaper bag. Suggestion - always keep a small bag with the basics in each of your vehicles - that way you won't get caught too often with no diapers! Joyce told me that one after forgetting Landon's bag at her house.

Amanda said...

oh that's a good idea...it's in my memory!

April said...

I love that you had to mention that I made everyone move again! Ha! I had so much fun with you this weekend!

Amanda said...

i think it shows your insistance of being a super aunt!