Wednesday, August 29, 2007

IT'S A BOY!!!!




Up to this point, I thought I was carrying a girl. Most of our family and friends thought so too. Josh and my mom and my Gram thought it was a boy (or as Gram told me this afternoon, "I was secretly wishing for a boy!"). This morning I woke up and thought I just might be carrying a boy. I'm carrying kinda high (like my mom did with my brother) and after my cousin and sis-in-law are carrying girls, I wondered if God would bless our families with a baby boy. Well He has!! It was neat to see the baby and be able to actually make out some body parts. He's right on schedule with his growth and his heart rate is right in the middle (120). We saw his spine and bones and his kidneys and his brain and his heart beating. He was moving his arms and legs around some. Everytime the woman tried to get a good shot of his face he would tuck it down so our picture isn't great. Apparently, he's either shy or stubborn already. I'm pretty sure I started feeling him move about 2 weeks ago, but I wasn't sure. Most women told me when the baby moves it feels like a butterfly. I thought it feels like he's poking me or like a bubble bursting. I ran into my friend Seungeun yesterday (she just had her baby this summer) and she described the baby moving like I did. So I'm pretty sure that's what I'm feeling now. If that's so, I've felt him move everyday for awhile now. We are excited - it's so much fun to know what we're having! We're keeping the name a surprise until the birth. So no begging or offering to make a bargain like my neice Tana did this week:

Tana: What are your names for the baby?


Me: Oh, we're keeping that a surprise until the baby comes.


Tana: Oh, you have to tell me! I have secrets. I'll tell you one of mine if you tell me your names.

Me: No, you'll just have to wait.

Tana: Let me talk to Big Josh one more time.


She then proceeds to make him her secret-sharing offer. It's going to be tough withstanding her pressure!

5 comments:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

A Grandson! How wonderful that sounds! We are so excited to know we are having a boy added to our family! Shyness or stubborness - could be plain oneriness/teasing - he would come by that quite naturally! (his daddy, Papaw, Bunny to name a few!)

April said...

Yay! That is so exciting! I love the label of outdoor plumbing. :) I can't wait to find out if I will be having your son's best buddy for life or future wife... ha ha! :)

Amanda said...

Yeah i didn't think about him being onery! he would come by that naturally!

yeah april, i thought of that too - i can't wait to know what you're having!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**JJ** said...

oh i am just so excited!!! i kinda had that feeling you were havin a boy after i found out i was havin a girl!! but i am so excited!! can't believe that we are both pregnant and just within 6 weeks of each other!! i just think that is too cool.. i am so excited and i would agree with your mom, i think he is definitly onery!! i bet that boy doesn't have a shy bone in his body!! hehehe.. can't wait to see you!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

April - We are already praying for our boy's precious wife - what a thought that she could be being carried by you at this moment too! I've added God-loving friends to my list for our boy now too! I hope you are doing well and baby too - you are in our prayers.
Sorry Amanda - I probably should have just gone to April and Clint's blog!