Saturday, September 08, 2007

The Best Reason

So today I heard the best reason why I should tell somebody our baby name. I was talking to my elderly friend from church and told her we were going to keep the baby's name a surprise until he arrives. She proceeds to tell me that it's ok - I can tell her because she can keep secrets and she'll probably forget anyway. I just laugh it off and try to change the subject. Later she goes back to it and says, "Well, I guess you're not going to tell me the baby's name...I think you should tell me, I might die before he comes then you'd miss the opportunity to tell me his name!"
I then told her she can ask God then if that happens. She just laughed, but I would wager she'll ask me next time I talk to her.

1 comment:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Oh I would have caved! Hang tough Amanda - I love the reply that she can ask God!