Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Best Casen Moments Lately

1.  Casen exploring.  He sat outside the bathroom and would peek his head around the corner to look inside.  That's as far as he was going though.  For Now.

2.  Casen is developing more attachment to us, especially me.  If I'm working in the kitchen, he follows me around.  When I stand long enough, he pulls up on my legs and holds on to me.  Most times it's cute.  Sometimes after being wallowed on for an hour, I'm glad Josh is home : )  I remember when he was first born.  All I wanted to do was take a 20-minute bath and relax.  I think every time as soon as I got in the tub, Case would start crying to nurse.  Josh would be knocking on the door telling me Case needed me.  That faded after awhile so I know Casen won't always want me to hold him as he does now.  For now, I'll happily take his lov'in.

3.  Casen playing.  He loves to play with Josh.  Casen loves to sit and play with a box (the large diaper one).   He loves to sit by the front storm door and look out.  This morning he sat in his room playing on the floor (mainly pulling books off the shelf).  When Josh went in there to get him dressed, he brushed Josh off.  He wasn't ready to stop playing!  So we let him play longer of course.

4.  Casen going to bed.  And, not because he's down for the night (ok, maybe that reason sometimes too after a LONG day).  Mainly just the process.  Most nights, he's sleepy, but not cranky.  We try to read before he goes to bed.  He loves his Dog Counting book.  Both Josh and me like to sing and rock him.  Usually though, only after a couple of songs, he starts wiggling around.  He's ready to be put down in his bed where he can stretch out and relax and fall asleep.

5.  Casen giving us loves.  When he puts his forehead to my forehead and stares into my eyes.  When he snuggles into my neck.  When he gives us kisses (leans his mouth to our face).

6.  Casen yelling or talking to us.  He's louder when we haven't been paying attention to him.

7.  Casen getting into messes.  So they aren't the most fun to clean up, but he looks so happy and proud of himself when he tips over the dog's water.  Or pulls himself up on the coffee table and pulls off something (usually a remote).  Now we catch him before he reaches it, but he looks so excited as he's crawling to the dog's water.  Like he's on some great adventure.  

I can't believe how quickly he's developing.  A week ago, he wouldn't have been playing in his room on the floor by himself.  It's amazing how his little brain is learning and maturing.

3 comments:

April said...

Pretty soon, you are only going to see the back of his head as you chase him down! He's on the move!

**JJ** said...

he is on the move!! just get ready, the faster he moves, the more MESSES he will be making!! but they are sure worth it!! i can't believe he is doing all that too!! its that timet though!! he went from one thing to another to another all back to back!! makes it seem like he is growing all too fast (which he is anyways!).. but yea.. the fun is just beginning!! welcome to my world!! now you get to start telling him no no!! that is always fun!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Love the Best Casen Moments Lately! Miss you guys so much! I don't know if I can wait until December to see you guys and Casen!