Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ups and Downs

So I think this is the longest I've ever gone without posting on blog...even compared to right after I had Case. I finally posted an old entry because the videos were uploaded at youtube finally. That entry is now two before this one. I'll post some new pictures and videos soon. Our lives are busy busy but good. Here's some ups and downs of the last few weeks or so.

Up: I love my new job at OC. I feel so blessed to have a job I love. I have some great students and co-workers.

Down: Even though I was warned by several professors and expected it, I still am so busy.  The first time teaching any class requires so much preparation. I'm barely ahead of my students.

Up: Case has been doing all kinds of neat things!  He has said "Mama" though I don't think he knows it's just for me like he does for "Dada."  He has started scooting around, pulling up, and likes to "walk" while you hold his hands.  He also got his first tooth today! (Or at least I felt it for the first time.  He hasn't even been fussy lately so I hadn't been checking this week.)

Up: Case has started exploring now.

Down: Case has started exploring now.  (Case can get into stuff now.  Into the dog's water bowl.  Taking things off the coffee table.  All of a sudden he's a bit more work.)

Up: But he's a lot more fun!

Up: Josh (and not me - I HATE it!)  started packing today.  We'll probably put the house up for sale next month.

Down: We've got to start looking for a house, try to sell ours, and pack.

Up: I joined a book club at school which I'm enjoying.

Down: The commute is no fun (especially on Wednesdays when I have to get there early for Book Club!).

Up: All three of us have gotten in the habit for going for at least one walk on the weekend.  Case loves it, and it gives Josh and me a chance to catch up.

That's all I can think of right now. 

1 comment:

**JJ** said...

i am so glad he is getting into stuff!! now you know what its like!! hahahahhaha.. it only gets worse just so you know!! hahaha.. and jacilayne says mama too, in the middle of crying but thats about the only time.