Sunday, September 28, 2008

Casen's Friends

Casen's friends from Daycare are so cute.  Here are some recent favorites:

1.  Every morning, I hear when I get out the car, "Baby Nichols is here!!!"  There are 3 little boys that are waiting at the front storm door watching us walk up the pathway.  As soon as we enter the house until I set Case down (in Ms. Carol's arms or on the floor), they are trying to love on him.  Case of course loves the attention.

2.  One of these little boys bit Casen awhile back.  He didn't break the skin, and he got in big trouble.  Ever since then, he is the most excited to see Case.  I guess he feels a little guilty and wants to be friends with Casen.  One morning, he was so excited that he jumped out of his chair in the kitchen came running into the living room.  At full speed and lots of energy, a 3-yr-old doesn't have the best balance.  He ran smack into a wall, and it laid him out.  All because he wanted to see Baby Nichols! (He was okay; it just hurt at first.)

3.  The little boy that had such unbridled enthusiasm has a 4-yr-old sister who is only there half days.  This past week she "baptized" Casen and the other kids.  (No actual water was involved, the living room floor was the baptistry.)  I work with her grandpa.  I told him about her baptiz'in ways and said, "You can tell she's going to the church of Christ!" (This is also the same girl who told me about golden hamsters awhile back (see prior post)).

I feel so blessed to have a place like Ms. Carol's to take Casen.  He absolutely loves other kids.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When we were kids we always baptized each other in the swimming pool. Like you said, it must be a Church of Christ thing :)

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Even I remember baptizing each other when I was a child and oh, that was sooo long ago!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

I am so thankful God has placed Carol, her husband and the little children in your lives. I know Casen is loved and cared for (and I love the sweet, funny stories)!