Thursday, August 20, 2009

Big Tummy

So as expected, my tummy has gotten larger. I seemed to have "popped" earlier this time which would be expected with a second child. Recently though, I feel like I've "ultra-popped" - is that possible? I'm starting to have trouble getting up if I'm laying down or up into our truck. Anyway, Casen has begun to realize that my tummy is enlarging. The other day he couldn't sit on my lap comfortably. Comfortable, which to Casen, means right up next to Mom leaning back. Well, I guess he thought the best way to remedy that problem was to SIT ON my tummy. It's like a seat for him where he can lean back. Of course, that's not comfortable to me or the baby, so I moved Casen off my tummy. He tried again a few more times then relinquished his claim to the the top of my tummy. He now puts up with a bump in his back if he's on my lap, or sits next to me. I'm wondering what he's going to think once the tummy gets larger...which I know it inevitably will. I remember last time thinking at this stage (about halfway), "How will I get any bigger? Aren't I big enough?" Then later saying, "I can't get any bigger can I?" But each time I did. I'm already thinking that this time. I guess somethings you forget. I'll try to take and post some tummy shots soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man, I know how you feel! I'm only 9 weeks and I feel like I've already grown. Maybe I'm just not sucking in my gut or something :) I think I would have exploded with Lily if I had carried to term. I was 35 weeks when I delivered and I was as big as a planet. I hope you don't get too uncomfortable before it's all over!

Charity said...

ugh, sorry girl...how far along are you now? I remember everyone had always told me that if you could get through the first trimester, the rest was a breeze...but my LAST trimester was the awful part (constant pain/backaches, no sleep, bathroom breaks every 5 minutes, GROSSLY swollen feet, etc.) and it sounds like you're at that point already...I feel for ya ;)

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Baby Boy 2 will be arriving before we know it. You hopefully will be entering the good months about now - no morning sickness (or at least less of it!)and those feel good weeks! Casen will probably be wondering where your lap is by December as much as you will! Hang in there - your little Bundle of Joy will make it all soooo worth it!

Amanda said...

oh it's not too bad right now - i feel big but i know the backaches and hurt feet are to come probably haha

kellie said...

Now, let's see some pictures! For those of us who live way too far away from you :) Miss you guys! I love all the pictures, but it does make me homesick for all the good times with y'all.