Saturday, August 15, 2009

He Didn't Get It From Me..






Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not that athletic. The fact that I walk and jog now is probably a shock to those who knew me growing up. I remember when Josh and I were first married, we decided to play catch. So Mr. Josh "Baseball" threw the first pitch (yes, pitch while we were playing catch) and it drills me in the leg. I had a bruise come up right away and it hurt! Then Josh says, "We need to keep playing so you don't get scared of the ball." (I think he was thinking that playing catch was going to become a regular activity for us.) The next throw? Yeah, I got hit in the neck and got a bruise there too. Needless to say, we don't play catch really. I'm just not athletically-inclined.
Ah, but my little boy apparently got some mad skillz from his Daddy. He loved Jarrit's tee and was able to hit the ball off of it! His first hit, he hit the tee over. Then when he was able to just hit the ball, he would knock the tee over thinking that's supposed to happen.
As you might tell from the pictures, someone had to play umpire with the boys to make sure they took turns. Otherwise, it would've probably turned into a bat fight!

2 comments:

Brendakaye said...

Watch out Major league the future player is working on his hitting
It's amazing how some kids just have a natural talent! Looks like Casen might be one of those

Mom aka Kimberly said...

I am glad he takes after his Daddy when it comes to sports. Your story of catch reminds me of your Dad and I playing when I was pregnant with you. I ended up with a bloody nose. (I was about 5months pregnant I think) Hmmm. . . guess you take after your Mom.