Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Give Me My Pancakes!

So lately, I've been craving pancakes. Why? Who knows? But all I do know is that I when I want them, I want them now!
Last Saturday, I took Case to McDonalds for breakfast. I got his usual (a breakfast burrito) for him, and some yummy pancakes. He didn't want his usual that day. He saw my yummy pancakes and wanted some. Good thing he's my son, or I probably wouldn't have shared.
This morning after my doctor's appointment, I knew I needed a big breakfast since I wouldn't get lunch (I had a lab from 11:30-2:30). So I headed to McDonalds for their big breakfast that has pretty much everything including pancakes. The pancakes were calling my name that morning. When I ordered (I went inside), I was on the phone. That was my fault right there - I didn't double check my receipt to make sure they got the order right.
Imagine my surprise when I got back to school, sat down in my office, and lifted the lid up to find NO PANCAKES! I was devastated. Did I let it go? Eat what I paid for (I checked the receipt, and the girl had punched my order in wrong)? Nope. Not this pregnant lady. I put a sign on my door saying I would be back soon to my office hours, told my colleague to tell any students looking for me that I left to get my pancakes and I would be right back, got back into my car, drove back to McDonalds, and went inside explaining I ordered pancakes and I didn't get them. They were very nice to me - gave me everything fresh again and didn't even charge me the difference! (Those are the perks of being big and pregnant!) I drove back to campus and sat down in my office to a yummy breakfast of pancakes and more. Thankfully, no students had come looking for me that morning, or I would have been embarrassed to tell them I was off demanding my food.

1 comment:

April said...

Haha! I'm glad you got your pancakes. I usually make pancakes on Saturday mornings so if you need some... Just come over. :)