Thursday, November 12, 2009

Marathon Weekend























Back in October, we drove up to Kansas City for the marathon. When I checked into our hotel, the receptionist asked if I was running. I told her I wasn't that ambitious. ha!
Josh ran on a team with my cousins; there were two teams.
We met up with the fam at the Marathon Expo and mall area. It was a fun night. Case started running a fever Friday night in the hotel room. I think now he was just overtired and had a cold - he's ran a fever when he's really tired before. Case and I stayed in the hotel room then while Josh ran the next morning. All the race pictures are stolen from Jacqueline : )
It worked out because it was very cold that early in the morning, and there's no way I could have stood and walked outside all morning. Case and I spent the morning in the hotel doing several different activities:
1. Going up and down the elevator.
2. Jumping on the bed.
3. Coloring. Wait, no he just stuck his markers together and played "drums."
4. Drinking water out of a medicine cup (you know the little plastic ones that come on top of Nyquil?) This entertained him for several minutes.
5. Walking around the hallways. Saying hi to the maids.
6. Going to breakfast twice...ok, maybe three times.
7. Sitting on the furniture in the lobby.
After the race, Josh came back and the three of us went to my cousins' house. We had a good time spending the afternoon with family and catching up. Case was busy, busy. He thought he needed to lay on a blanket like Baby Chloe was.
The next morning when we left, Case rode the luggage cart downstairs.
I took some pictures of the scenery - KC was beautiful. Very hilly and lots of trees. It reminded me of Nashville. I really would like to go back to KC and enjoy it more!
Josh and I were pretty tired going home on Sunday. The pictures of Josh and Case in Long John Silver's is from our way home. After driving through Emporia, we finally found the strip with places to eat. The pregnant lady won out and got to pic where to eat. Fried clams were calling my name. Just like they were last time I was pregnant.
We had a fun, busy weekend!














No comments: