Thursday, December 03, 2009

Baby Boy II

I had an appointment with my doctor on Tuesday. I was hoping she would tell me that I might have him any day now (he dropped over Thanksgiving) and my contractions have picked up (nothing regular yet). That wasn't the case though. Apparently, most women carry their babies the same length of time as their previous children - just their labor is quicker usually. Well, I'm not waiting 11 days like I did last time to end up getting induced anyway this time. So come on Baby Boy II - it's time to make your appearance (of course, if you want to wait until after Finals and I have my grades in, that would be perfect : )

Well, during my exam, the doctor was pretty sure the head was down, but she said she wanted to make sure by doing a quick ultrasound. I kinda got a bit worried, but it was a blessing - Baby Boy is in the right position. And we got to see the ultrasound. I didn't get any pictures, but it was very cool to see him so BIG. That poor boy has no more room left! We saw his brains and his heart beating. We could identify every body part we saw because he looks full-grown! He looks like he has long legs and arms - we will see soon enough. I'm still betting that he's longer than Casen was.

1 comment:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

I am glad she did the sonogram - know that was reassuring and wonderful to see him!