Thursday, December 03, 2009

Things I Don't Like Thursday

Packing
or Unpacking for that matter.

The last time we moved, I'm pretty sure I only packed maybe 6 boxes. Yes, that's right. Josh packed the rest of the house. At the time, I had some good excuses. I had a baby and a new job where I was commuting an hour one way. I dread though the next time we have to move - I really really hate packing and unpacking. If it wasn't for Josh, we still would be living out of boxes.

So Phase III is being added to the Science Building at school. This new building will actually be built right next to my office wall and window....which means I have to pack my office up by tomorrow. They are just moving us over a few feet where they will put up a temporary wall (weather-proof), but I still have to pack up all my stuff. Have you seen my office? Let's just say I'm not the most organized person. Thankfully, I'm going to try to rope one of my graders to help me pack.
Even though I hate to pack (and unpack), I will be overjoyed when the new phase gets built, and I get a new Real Office!!!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I hate packing and unpacking too, but I'm the one who has done all the work the last 2 times we moved. On the actual moving day, I make Josh do most of the lifting because I figure I've done my fair share!

kellie said...

Let's be honest, Amanda - isn't the truth that Josh won't let you pack? Because something about you just throwing random stuff in random boxes :) j/k I hate packing and unpacking too, but yay for a new office - hopefully it will be worth the hassle! and hopefully that wall really is weather proof :)