Monday, December 14, 2009

Pchem Dreams

I really dislike grading lab reports (I probably should have made that my topic last Thursday). They are probably what I hate the most to grade and will procrastinate about for a LONG time. Last night, I finally got my last 2 sets done - whew! What a load off!

Until I go to sleep....

Apparently, my brain isn't done grading lab reports. In my dream, I was still grading lab reports. I was trying to figure out how much energy a cookie or salsa had. You can thank bomb calorimetry reports for that one (the students figured out the heat of combustion of sucrose in the lab). Then I was scrambling trying to find the time to make cookies and jars of salsa for each of my students so I could give them with their graded lab reports.

Then my friend Amber Brokaw pops up and convinces me to make no-bake cookies only. She told me they were easy, and she would help. I had read their Christmas letter earlier in the day, and recently on her blog she showed all the yummy Christmas desserts she had made. Also, Alyson had a blog entry recently about sneaking no-bake cookies. Too much blog-reading! I had shared some yummy salsa with Josh earlier in the evening. (Okay, I just realized that maybe I'm just really dreaming about food - I'll blame it on the pregnancy!)

I woke up this morning thankful it was just a dream but craving some no-bake cookies! So Amber, anytime you want to hop on up to OKC and help me make some no-bake cookies, you are welcome to!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Well, now you have me craving no-bake cookies too! A few minutes ago I printed off the recipe for White Chip Chocolate Cookies because I've been craving those this weekend. I think we just need chocolate! Are you available in about 6 hours? haha!

Unknown said...

Ha ha ha! That's an awesome dream. I guess any dream about cookies and salsa is a good one! But I'm glad that my blog is influencing your dreams for good, and not evil! :)