Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating
















So time for a little bragging....

Not only did Josh and I get things done around the house this past weekend (cleaning, baby's room - well almost completed), we even put our tree up and decorated it! You can thank Josh for that one. I wasn't real into doing Christmas decorations this year. I'm not real into doing much lately come to think of it. BUT I'm soooo glad we did put our Christmas tree up this year. I don't think I would have traded seeing Casen's amusement for anything. He was mesmerized. He is around a Christmas tree at his babysitter's. He helped decorate the tree at Bunny and Immie's. But apparently having your own tree at your own house is the best treat. He just sits by the tree and looks at it lovingly. He talks about the ornaments he sees. Case touches the lights and names the colors (sometimes even getting them correct!). This morning as soon as he gets up, he wants to turn the lights on the tree and play around the tree.

We had a good time decorating the tree this year. I'm so glad we did!

*Our house was hot, hence Casen's lack of clothing.

**Yes, I know I look..huge? Yes. Dorky? Yes. But that's my typical no-work outfit: shorts, tshirt, and tennis shoes since my feet kill me now.

2 comments:

April said...

He's so proud of that tree! What a great memory!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

I am so glad you guys put up a tree. I had thought he loved helping with ours, but I agree with you - his own tree is BEST! He is so sweet how he just looks at it!