Friday, August 01, 2008

Backyard Bible School















Last Saturday, GO! Ministries (a ministry we help with at church) had a backyard bible school in a local park. It's like a short version of VBS. We invited the neighborhood kids and their families. We had donuts and juice, played sports, did crafts, had a water balloon throwing contest, sang songs, and listened to the story about the little children coming to Jesus. It was great fun! We had a lot of help from church members and met some cool kids and great parents.
The boy holding Case in the pictures is from church. Case loved him. He told me, "Babies are attracted to me." haha When I taught him in the 1st grade, he told me he was writing a novel. He reminds me of my brother Jordan when Jordan was little - writing and knowledgeable about all kinds of things like animals.

1 comment:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

What fun! I love the story you guys used, the Little children coming to Jesus - perfect story for backyard Bible school and one of my very favorite examples!