Friday, August 08, 2008

Getting Older

So lately I have been feeling older. Now, I know I'm "only" 27, but hey, 30 is getting closer and after having a baby, I feel older. Older than I ever have before - probably because I've entered a new stage in my life. Everything seems to be reminding me that I'm older.
1. I went shopping with April, and we went to Rue 21. Ever been in that store? I now call it a "teeny-bopper" store because the clothes just don't fit me like they would've when I was a teenager. And most of the clothes are not really age-appropriate anymore. I ran into a similar dilemma wherever I went. Most clothes were either too young or too old (or so I thought) or just didn't fit.
2. Josh and I started reading a new series of books: The Twilight series. We just started the second one and are definitely hooked. (On a slight digression, the books are about vampires. I've never been a fan of vampire books or movies, but these books are different.) Well, I found out from my brother halfway through reading the first book, that these books are teenage/young adult books. So once again, I was reminded of my age. I still liked the book though, even if it was written for teenagers.

I seem to be clinging to teeny-bopper things: clothes, books, music (embarrassing confession: I'm becoming a fan of Jonas Brothers thanks to their recent single Burn'in Up). I told April that maybe I'm having an "Almost-30-Crisis" and am attracted to younger-generation things.

Well, this week, I've begun to feel younger. I keep getting asked on campus if I'm a student. Apparently, I don't look like a faculty member just yet. I'm hoping it's because I have that young-student-look still. Oh, it also could be due to the fact that when you pull my name up, my college freshmen picture pops up still (even though I took a new faculty picture - nothing else besides my ID has been updated). Nice.

3 comments:

April said...

YOU ARE GETTING OLD...it's okay, we are all getting old right along with you! Enjoy the ride!

April said...

I hear ya! I feel older since having Heidi too!

KAS said...

I am only a year behind...well as for the Jonas Brothers it could've been worse...at least you aren't New Kids On the Block trying to make a come-back...they need to move on.