Friday, August 01, 2008

Growing Boy and Green Beans




Yesterday, Case had his 6-month check-up and shots. He's a growing boy! He weighs 17 lbs and 13 oz - one more ounce than his 8 month-old cousin Jacilayne! I figured he would catch up to her soon. He's so solid and thick. He's 27 inches long now too. I love his pediatrician. She always spends a lot of time with us answering questions and then tells me after she's checked him over, "He's perfect." sigh. I agree.
His allergies are cleared up right now. He might have seasonal allergies like I do or maybe (and hopefully), he's outgrown them for the time being. We'll see.
Last night, he tried green beans - his first taste of solid food besides cereal. Today for lunch he had some cereal and green beans mixed together. He also took drinks of water out of a cup. Then he played in the water-green beans-cereal mixture for awhile. When I started cleaning him up, he got pretty mad. Apparently, he was NOT ready to stop playing! I'll have to let him play this afternoon with some icecubes on the high chair tray and see how he does.





2 comments:

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Funny!!! Dad and I were both laughing out loud at the first video - Casen is so funny. Jordan used to close his eyes whenever anyone at church would talk to him - if he couldn't see them - they weren't there. Casen closing his eyes reminded me of that. Keep the videos coming - we love them!

April said...

That is pretty funny. I think we have to work on our green veggies too! Today Heidi tried broccoli and potatoes and didn't seem too fond of it. We will try again!