Wednesday, August 06, 2008

I'm Home

I started my first day at OC yesterday. For those of you who do not know, I got a job teaching chemistry at OC. I loved my time at OC as an undergrad. I guess it's because it was the perfect place for me at the time. The summer before college was rough. Among other things, my Papaw passed away. OC served as a refuge for me from the recent storms. I made life-long friends the first month I was there. I met and fell in love with Josh that first semester. I was challenged spiritually during my time at OC and fell deeper in love with God. I realized I really liked chemistry even though I wasn't always the best at that...and I was okay with that. I had some great professors that served as mentors, not only for academia, but also for life. When we moved to Stillwater for grad school, we missed OC, Edmond, our church home and friends. God has blessed us the last five years in Stillwater. We have learned a lot of things (in and out of the classroom) so I know God sent us there for a purpose. But it was good walking around campus this morning. The friendliness of students and employees was contagious. I remember why I loved my time here at OC, and I'm glad I can be a part of it again. I feel like I'm home.

3 comments:

chandra said...

Are you all still going to live in Stillwater for awhile? I didn't know if you would end up finding a place in Edmond or Guthrie. Congrat's on your new job.

Chandra

April said...

Awww, I miss that place too! :) I'm glad you will be there and I hope that you enjoy it a lot!

Mom aka Kimberly said...

Isn't it wonderful to look back a few years and see God's fingerprints all over your life and the decisions you made? I am so glad you have this opportunity to be back at OC - I know God will continue to bless you and your family thru this time home too!