Wednesday, May 01, 2013

OKC Marathon

As the boys tell me from time to time, "Mama, you don't run right now. But you will again one day - after Button comes out." Because of that fact, I was a spectator for the race. Josh ran on a relay team - 5 members. Mom, Dad, the boys and Tulle, and I drove around all morning seeing each runner at different points in the race. It was a long day, but very fun.

This was our first stop to see Josh - about 7 AM or so when we saw him run.


We picked Tulle up at the next stop (briefly saw Stephanie) and went to wait for Pam to go by our third stop.


The three kids had the most fun here I think. They were giving high fives and cheering for the runners.


This is what the kids did in-between our stops and waiting for the next runner on the team: Scooby Doo.


We had two more stops along the race to see Taylor and Brian and then met the team and the rest of the spouses and kids at a restaurant. I had a good time, but I think my riding in the car for so long (about 5 hours) and standing for long periods of time is over until after button arrives!

No comments: