Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Prayers


It's been a long couple of days. After the tornadoes on Sunday, I know everybody was hoping that was it for us in Oklahoma. It was even worse yesterday.
I think about the small moment of panic I felt when the sirens were going off, and I didn't have my whole family with me. Casen was still at school, and Josh was leaving work. After Josh picked up Casen and brought him to us at Mom and Dad's house, I breathed a little easier.
Then we watched the tornado monster tear through Moore on television and saw the immediate aftermath. The horrible reports started rolling into the news station. This morning after a night of restless sleep, I see that the victim number had risen.
And there's no words except Pray. And kiss you kids extra today.
Borrowing the words of my friend Pam who borrowed them herself: May they bring all of us some comfort:
"I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of The Lord in the land if the living.

Wait for The Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for The Lord." ~ Psalm 27:13,14

No comments: